SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (SAP ASE)Modernize and accelerate your transaction-based applications on premise and in the cloud.
Drive faster, more reliable online transaction processing for less with SAP ASE, relational database management server for SAP Business Technology Platform.
SAP ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), originally known as Sybase SQL Server, and also commonly known as Sybase DB or Sybase ASE, is a relational model database server developed by Sybase Corporation, which later became part of SAP AG. ASE was developed for the Unix operating system and is also available for Microsoft Windows.
This high-performance SQL database server uses a relational management model to meet rising demand for performance, reliability, and efficiency in every industry.
- Proven SQL database server for high-performance OLTP
- Standard relational database management model
- Reliability and efficiency at a lower total cost of ownership
Improved transaction processing performance
- Quick access to active data
- Eliminate read and write conflicts with multiversion concurrency control
- Access to unique index keys for scaling environments with a high degree of parallelism
Business continuity and data security
- Standardize and secure SSL implementations with a common cryptographic library
- Encryption of confidential commands and passwords on request
- Reduce the number of records with detailed audits
Options for implementing innovations
- Support for SQL scripts for the development of a common dialect on all SAP database platforms
- Improve compatibility between SAP ASE and SAP HANA by using a session in context
- On-premise and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) deployment
- Ensure high performance and availability for critical transaction processing
- Provide a proven and flexible SQL database system to reduce risk and increase flexibility
- Reduce operational costs with a resource-efficient relational database server